Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Be Inspired

One of this blog's readers, Jill, recently posted a comment that she is inspired by the efforts and attitude of her mother who has MS but still perseveres, trying to not let her illness keep her down.



I so appreciate Jill's comment.  I am constantly inspired by people I see around me - people who use walkers and canes, who suffer terrible physical maladies, who have every reason to sit but who keep moving forward.

They're not always walking for exercise.  Most are walking, any way they can, because walking is how humans get around.  Just imagine how much more challenging every small activity of daily living is made for those who are unable to walk.

Walking is something we want to preserve for ourselves.  From about age one til the day we die (hopefully), we are walking.  Even if we have a desk job, we have to walk to our cars, walk to the soda machine, walk to the mailbox, etc.  Walking is essential for most of us.

So, who inspires you?  Oscar Pistorius or the old man who lives down the street?  Your mom or the kid you saw who has CP and must use two canes?  The guy at rehab struggling to regain use of his legs after a stroke or the tot who just won't stay down despite being knocked down again and again by older siblings?  

I am inspired by readers like Patty who emails me often about her perseverance with her walking program.  I am inspired by my friend Kris who suffers from MS but walks with me several days a week after working a full day.  I am inspired by my soon to be 90 year old mother who walks her mile or so every day, inside or out.  And, yes, I'm very inspired by Oscar Pistorius.  Wish I had more of whatever he's made of!

Let us know who inspires you!

PS: About that picture.  It's an image that has always inspired me.  "He ain't heavy.  He's my brother."  They walked, one brother carrying another, to Boy's Town.



*************************** Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: