Sunday, April 5, 2009

WIGGLE WHILE YOU WALK??

The other day I was walking by myself. It was a fine morning for walking and I was happy to get in several miles before heading off to work. My Ipod has a small but juicy selection of good walking songs on it. My walk was long enough that I was near the end of my play list.

Suddenly, forgotten by me for some time, a great walking song began to play. The song is by Michelle Branch with a title something like 'It's All in the Game of Love'. It was a big hit for her and has a great beat for walking.

There I was, walking only two blocks from home, when I began clapping along with the music! I always sing along, usually low enough so as to not embarrass myself or others with my innate inability to carry a tune. This time, I was just belting it out, clapping along. I just didn't care!

As I've written before, I'm pretty brazen. I'm often oblivious to what others might think about my antics when I walk. I even aspire to be more of an exhibitionist, remembering the gal named Tiger who used to walk in my old neighborhood, stopping to dance on each major street corner. Cars honked at her, people waved. She brightened many a day.

Can I be the person who will brighten someone's day with my singing, clapping, and walking? At least, it makes my own day brighter!



***************************
Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude.

No comments: