Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Let The Sun Shine In

Fall is not my favorite season.  In St. Louis, the crispness and brilliantly colored leaves one associates with Fall are often smothered with cold rain, triggering my asthma.  Rain means gloomy skies.  A couple days of that and I feel like I'm going bonkers.  I'm not a depressed person.  I have a great life that I enjoy.  But, a few gloomy days and things seem a little less rosy.  Know what I mean?

So, I have learned a way around the gloomy skies and the cold rain.  A way to make even the asthma better.  I put on a happy face and walk at the mall.  I'm not unique.  There are lots of mall walkers.  In fact, it's hard to find a time at the mall when I don't see others walking briskly, ignoring the gazillion things they could buy, intent on getting in their walks.  I also see folks pushing walkers and a particularly sweet elderly couple, holding hands, and walking at a very slow amble, seeming to enjoy every window they pass.

There's a lesson there.  Ever wonder how they got to be an old couple, holding hands, walking a half mile an hour, but enjoying the view?  I feel sure this is not the first mall they've walked.  They've been doing so - moving and looking forward - for many years.  And, with smiles on their faces.

So, trite as it sounds, I put on a happy face and smile at all I meet when I walk at the mall same as I do when I'm walking on sidewalks and trails.  So far, it's working.



*************************** Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: