Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Yes, It's Happening!

 I recently blogged about a new rule in my life.  You can see that article here
 Ten days after publishing that article, I am here to report that, except for one lapse on Mother's Day, I have made that change in my life.  It actually feels normal.  Last night, my daughter wanted me to make her a Frosty.  She asked me at 9 PM as I was eating dinner after returning home from dance. I bravely told her that I would not be making one as it would be after 10 PM and I don't eat after 10.  I kinda surprised myself.

I have also recently written about my dancing, and how we build our learning of steps for each dance until we have mastered, and hopefully memorized, the steps.  Last night, that lesson was brought home to me in style.  It was revealed to me that not only did I know every dance in the two hours of class, I could also call off most of them, thus leading others who have yet to master the dances.  I also was able to single out some who were struggling, move closer on the floor to them, and add some extra verbal help and encouragement.  I guess you can't take the teacher out of me!

The lesson her, if there is one, is that small changes add up to larger successes.  If it had not been for those macaroons from Westwood Country Club that my son's girlfriend brought me on Mother's Day, I would have a 100% success rate in this short term sampling.  But, I feel confident about it.  Just keep me away from the cookies.



*************************** Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: