Thursday, March 28, 2013

Stepping Out

I just heard the actress Thandie Newton speak about the benefit of dancing, running, or walking in her life.  Her opinion is that such activity is essential to get out of one's own head, to breathe unfettered, to attain the fullest life.

She didn't say, for instance, that one needed to lose 50 lbs, eat only fruits and vegetables, or join a gym to attain the fullest life.  She 'gets' that the very notion of movement improves our feelings of wellbeing AND our actual wellbeing, both physical and mental.

Thandie Newton is a beautiful, petite actress who appears to have what many of us want - good looks, good health, and a good career.  I have no idea what her personal life looks like.  I do have an idea that with her head on so straight, her personal life is probably pretty good.

Imagine the freedom of a jete in ballet, a double axle in ice dancing, a 3 point jump shot in basketball! For most of us, those things will only be things we can imagine.  I'll happily settle for a much more humble and realistic ability to walk  - and keep at it.  My body type, and now my age, argue volumes against my ever having been capable of ballet, ice dancing, or effectively compete in basketball.  That's okay.  Walking makes my life better.  Just walking....



*************************** Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: