Tuesday, March 2, 2010

WHERE HAVE I BEEN SINCE JANUARY?

Where have I been since January when I last posted here? I've been working AND walking, dodging the bad weather we've had in St. Louis. We lost the part time person in my office, so I had to fill in. Just hired a new part time person, so, with the coming of Spring, I'll be hitting the trails as in days of old.

In the meantime, I've been walking, dancing, and riding my stationary bike - AND losing about a pound a week. This blog is NOT about dieting or weight loss - it's about getting and staying healthy. For me, that means losing the 20 or so pounds I gained with my knee replacements. To that end, I needed to do more than my exercise regime. So, I decided to cut out sugar. Not all the white foods that Atkins has you eliminate - but sweets. I've been fairly successful with that but I have NOT been obsessive about it. I have a history of disordered eating and have suffered from anorexia long ago, so I work hard at not obsessing. Being fat (moderately so) is lots healthier than being anorexic!

But, I have to tell you about my shoe issues. Tune in to the next blog article for a good laugh at my expense. And, don't give up on your walks even in the bad weather. Use the malls, big box stores, grocery stores - any place that has aisles where you can walk reasonably unobstructed. That usually means you must go there (except for the mall) in off peak hours. Most stores don't mind. Remember (or did you know) that Loew's will allow you dog inside, so you can even walk the dog - but be sure to keep things clean!


***************************
Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude.

No comments: