Sunday, March 21, 2010

I KNOW IT'S NOT SPRING BUT.....

the sun is shining, the few clouds look fluffy, and the breeze is not a gust, so I played hooky and went for a walk this afternoon. Even took the dog. She's trying to behave better. I have discovered that I'm pretty safe walking her if I'm not also walking with a human so I can pay full attention to her. If she sees another dog or something else of interest, she'll bolt away and pull me down (remember the broken wrist a couple years ago??).

So, I took the occasion to make Lizzie's day and walk her at the park. She behaved really well til we were about a block from home on our return trip. Another dog on a leash walked toward us. The 'mom' was not reeling in the dog, so we had to stop. That gives the other 'mom' the cue that I'm not comfortable with the dogs interacting. So few people walk their dogs properly - that is on a short leash to the left of the human's body. If everyone walked their dogs like that, I'd be more comfortable taking Lizzie out more.

At any rate, there is no excuse, NO EXCUSE, for not getting off the sofa and out the door. The new NB shoes are so comfy. Guess it helps that they're the right size.....


***************************
Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude.

No comments: