Wednesday, September 23, 2009

WHERE'D I GO???

It's Fall in St. Louis - and that means ASTHMA. Drat it! It's the worst thing...... well, not really the worst - but pretty bad.

The medicine may actually be worse than the cure. Being surrounded by a family full of asthmatics - except for the dog who actually causes some of the symptoms some of the time - I'm well aware of my personal 'seaon'. This is it. Last year, I tricked Mother Nature (or the Wicked Witch of West County) by taking preventive medicine every day. This year, I forgot. No one to blame but myself AND the fact that we had September weather in August.

Anyway, my walking has been shot full of holes - days and days of me not putting on my walking shoes. The RULE, I'm told, is that if you're sick from the neck up, you can go about your usual activities, but if you're sick from the neck down, no dice. The lungs are right there in the middle.

I have walked about every third day for the past 2 weeks. That's not much for me. Today, I took the MIL and the pooch to the park to SIT and watch the kiddies play. The dog behaved, as did the MIL, and we drove home after 45 minutes. I feel good enough to go for a walk, but I learned the miserable way the past few weeks to give it a little more time - and a lot more inhalation treatments. So, okay. It's me and the DuoNeb. Not nearly as much fun as walking, I can assure you.

What have you been up to during my absence? Walking I hope. It might have been that weekend of linedancing that did me in.......

Going back to that tomorrow night if I can. We MUST have our priorities.


***************************
Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude.

2 comments:

Kathy G said...

Yep, the weather has been strange the past couple of weeks. Now that it's officially autumn, we're getting the late summer high humidity.

Do you have any luck staying inside and using your walking DVDs?

jd said...

kathy,
i DO make good use of my walking tapes. i still have a VCR in addition to the DVD player so i have a good supply of videos. i prefer the leslie sansone walks. i'm pretty good about using the tapes when i can't get out of the house - heavy rain, ice, or too late to get out.
jd