Monday, June 22, 2009

UNCLE ??

How hot is too hot to walk? Depends on who you are and where in the world you are. Folks who normally reside in the tropics would have no trouble with the weather we are currently enduring in the St. Louis area. Right now, it's 96 degrees F with heat factor of 104. That's hot!

Normally, I'll trek in any weather. Although I look simply horrible, inspiring the need in others to seek medical care for me because I turn so beet red, during and for a long time after a walk in this type weather, I'll still do it. I stick to level terrain and leave the dog at home. Take plenty of water and end my walk if/when the going gets too tough.

But, if you're elderly, out of shape, heat-intolerant, or just blame tired, stay inside for your walk. You'll still heat up as the A/C just can't get all the humidity out of the air. THEN you have to go get into your overheated auto for the drive home.

Seems daunting - but don't give up. Take it slow and build up your tolerance for this weather. It can be done!


***************************
Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude.

No comments: