Thursday, June 11, 2009

Another Walking DVD

Ya'll know I'm a fan of Leslie Sansone's Walking DVD's. I've blogged about them before. At the library the other day, I ran across this DVD:


I took it home and checked it out. It's got many of the same 'moves' as the Sansone routines. Sansone usually has someone on screen who does a less strenuous version of whatever she's doing. So, if you can't raise your knees or hands as high as Sansone does, you have a visual guide who will demonstrate the next best thing. This is a good idea for those with physical impairments or beginners who have yet to build the endurance to keep up with Sansone's pace.

Madeleine Lewis is the 'guru' on the Get Moving! routine. The setting is a sort of pavillion out of doors, so it's visually appealing. Further, in addition to a side kick who does a less strenuous routine, there's also one who does a MORE strenuous routine. That is, the gal to Lewis' left is rocking away like crazy - doing more of a run than a walk, hopping, skipping, etc. A much higher impact workout than any sort of walk could be considered.

I think this might be a good purchase for some walkers, especially those who are younger and more fit without the arthritis that prevents many of us (yep, me) from participating in higher impact routines. I can see a beginner buying one of these DVD's and being able to get maximum benefit from it as s/he progresses in endurance and devotion to exercise.

It's available at www.half.com for less than $10 and at the library for a couple of weeks for free. Always a good idea to 'test drive' before you buy.


***************************
Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude.

1 comment:

Willa said...

I was just planning to ask you about Leslie Sansone DVD's. Have you described them someplace in your blog that I missed?