Friday, January 9, 2015

Winter Sucks!





I'm a trooper when it comes to walking outside in all kinds of weather. But.....lately, it's been so cold and windy here that I just can't bear it.  No amount of layers, or bundling up, of psyching myself will get me out the door.  I'm walking every day - at the mall.  It doesn't take long before I'm completely bored of all the malls I have available to me - and that's four of them.   There was no real Holiday Crush at the malls this past Christmas, so I was able to walk at the mall when I would otherwise have been forced to a treadmill somewhere.  Bad news for the retailers at the mall;  Good news for mall walkers.

My poor dog is suffering from a serious case of Cabin Fever.  Typically, if we go a few days when she doesn't get a walk, I take her off leash in our large back yard to keep an eye on her so she won't jump the fence.  She enjoys a good romp, lots of sniffing, and ogling dogs in other yards near and far, tempting her to want to jump that fence.  But, after about 10 minutes of hard running, jumping to chase squirrels up trees, and barking at those bad dogs that force her to respond to their barks, she's ready to return inside.  This past two weeks, it's been even too cold for me to force myself to the middle of the back yard to make sure she doesn't bolt out of my yard.  Poor baby.

Worse weather is predicted for the coming weekend.  Mother Nature is not being kind to us right now.  The only thing that gives me hope is that the days are noticeably longer, if only by a few minutes each day.  That means, Spring WILL appear.  I must just be patient.  And, patience is not my long suit.

So for now, the mall is my new best walking friend.  Fortunately Kris and Sally are as devoted to walking as I am, so we persevere at the mall.  Gosh, I was even lowered to actually shopping at the mall this evening!  Wearing my walking clothes from the 1970's, I stepped right into this millennium and purchased a cute hooded sweater and shell that will look nice over a pair of dressy black pants for a dinner out.  I'm not a shopper, so this is new behavior for me.  Maybe if this cold spell lasts long enough, I'll actually purchase an entire new wardrobe.  Unlikely.......


That turquoise sweater up there is not being modeled by me - but it is the sweater I purchased!


*************************** Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: