Friday, January 2, 2015

Sometimes A Trooper....





I must give kudos to my friend, and frequent walking partner, Kris.  Last week, she had arthroscopy on her right knee for some internal derangement of the joint with removal of some 'joint mice'.  I swear that's how orthopedists refer to this stuff in their own jargon.  'Internal Derangement' covers a variety of arthritis 'sins' and 'joint mice' are those little pieces of debris that break off in joints and float around only to be trapped in muscles and tendons from time to time - just often and painful enough to make you wish that you didn't have a knee at all!

I picked Kris up after surgery and dropped her into a comfy recliner with the TV remote and an ice pack a couple hours later.  She was not herself - but sedation and anesthesia will have that effect on ya'.  I speak from vast experience!

So, two days later, we were walking - slowly and not our usual 2-3 miles and not in the woods - but, we were walking!  I think that's pretty impressive!  That's a motivated walker.  That's a person who 'gets' that it's gonna hurt anyway so you may as well do what you have learned is good for you and go do it anyway.

She drove  her car.  She climbed up and down stairs (a sight to behold).  She walked.  Now, she's ready for her physical therapy.  I have no doubt that she'll be back up to speed in another week!

So, she's a trooper.  I walked with a PIC line in after my carpal tunnel surgery and she walked after knee arthroscopy.  Two tough chicks moving in the right direction!

So, what's your excuse for not walking today?

That picture above shows a single joint mouse.  Usually, like real mice, they hang out in groups.



*************************** Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: