Friday, July 4, 2014

Looking Forward



It's turned very hot and muggy here.  Were I more of a morning person, I could take better advantage of the cooler, less humid early morning hours for my walks.  But, alas, I am not blessed with that body clock.

Another problem with my walking early in the day is that I'd almost always have only myself and my mutt for company since most of my walking buddies have full time jobs.

So, I try most days, no matter how hot and humid, to take the dog out for a brief walk in the morning then leave her at home when I take a longer walk later in the day, outside or at the mall.  Of course, the dog is not welcome at the mall but she certainly loves the trails that I and my walking buddies so prefer.

Yesterday was such a day.  Lizzie got a walk of about a mile that included two stops for water (for her).  Then, when Kris got off work, we headed to Castlewood Park to walk the trails there, mostly because they are shady.  Never underestimate the power of shade!  

Shade can decrease the ambient misery by 20% in the summer and increase it by 50% on the coldest days of winter!  Those are not scientific numbers.  Just observations made by me and my walking buddies.

But, here's the take-away.  Figure out a way to walk no matter how hot or cold it is.  Walk outside if you can because it's so much more inviting and restorative.  But, walk inside if you must.  Just walk!


*************************** Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: