Saturday, October 19, 2013

Walking In The Fall

I just returned from walking three miles on a glorious, sunny, Autumn morning!  This is such a great way to start a day.  While I'm not a 'morning person', I consider a walk starting between 9 and 11 AM to be a morning walk.  That starts my real day.

I am energized by walking earlier in the day.  Many days, I have no opportunity to get in my walk earlier than about 5 PM.  I'll take it whenever I can get it - but earlier is better.  And, sunshine is really fantastic!  Those Winter evenings when the sun is down by 5 PM are close to depressing for me.

But, that's when there are other options.  The gym, the mall, or walking in my own family room, right there in front of the TV.

Other easy ways to 'sneak in' some extra steps or pump up your workout will not be news to you, but may be something you want to rethink and mindfully incorporate into your schedule.  Take the stairs.  Park farther away from the door.  Pick up your pace a little.  Wear a backpack or carry hand weights to increase the benefit of your workout.  (A note of caution about this last one.  If you have arthritis, be sure to ask your doctor before adding weight to your routine as it can place more stress on your joints.) Walk on your break time rather than get a snack.  Walk your kid to school rather than put the little one on the school bus.  I'm sure there are other 'tricks' that don't come to mind right now.

One way or another, I am determined to get in at least 20 minutes of walking (or dancing) a day.   I bet you can too!



*************************** Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: