Wednesday, September 21, 2011

MORE DANCIN'

Last evening, a friend and I checked out a dance group that was new to me. Laurie, my friend, took up tapdancing in her adulthood since she had been deprived of them as a kid. But, alas, the studio where she had danced for years went under. Now, Laurie walks and kick boxes and does Zumba. I'm responsible for introducing her to Zumba, and in so doing, lost my regular Tuesday walking partner!!

Now, she's taking a break from Zumba, so I got her to try linedancing with me. So, off we went to a 'new' place. It's in a library and the room has a carpeted floor. Bummer! I was so disappointed.......

Until we started to dance. The teacher, probably at least my age, is very spry and energetic and enthusiastic! Turned out, I knew several of the beginner dances. I was really getting into the groove. There were probably 40 people there, mostly women, mostly African-American. So many people came up to me to let me know they enjoyed my enthusiasm!

How sweet is that?! I'm not any good at it. I kinda remember the steps to a bunch of beginner dances. But, I AM enthusiastic. My motto is Dance Like Nobody Is Watching!

Several of my fellow dancers from Thursday evening were also at this dance. Now, I'm hooked! I think Laurie is too. So, I've got another evening that my poor, sweet husband will have to nuke his dinner for himself.



***************************Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: