Wednesday, October 5, 2011

LONG VIEW FARM

I've decided that Long Meadow Farm is my new favorite place to walk. It takes me just under an hour to walk the exterior trail (sidewalk along the streets that border the park) and the interior trail (a beautiful paved trail through beautiful trees that funnel to a lovely pool).

This former estate was gifted to the area for use as a park. On the property is the original house which is now a museum (I haven't been inside), a play ground, a couple tennis courts, and a barn that houses up to 5 horses I believe. The horse paddock is still there and a stand for mounting the horses that can be used by special needs kids.

Last week when the crisp, clear, sunny Fall day drew me outside, I put Lizzie on her leash, jumped in the car and drove the 15 minutes to Long Meadow Farm. When I was first there, my husband was with me and he didn't want to walk the outer trail. I wondered how long it was and how long it would take me. So, off I went.

There were several other walkers and joggers about, other dogs on leashes, and quite a few kids in the playground. Still, the small parking lot was not full. Few people have discovered this fairly new park. Lizzie and I walked the exterior, 90% of which is street-side sidewalk back to the parking lot, then trudged over to the head of the interior trail. I was really looking forward to seeing the small pond again. The sound of running water (so long as it's not in my house!) is music to my ears.

This is almost a perfect spot to walk. It's not too far from home. It's shady on the hottest of days. It is not overrun with people (altho' that may well change), it's free, and it's beautiful.

I'll be walking there again soon. Find a place you love to walk and use it to motivate you on a day when you'd just as soon stay glued to the sofa. I promise you'll feel better!




***************************Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: