Thursday, July 4, 2013

INDEPENDENCE DAY

Independence Day!  July 4 every year.  This new country gained its autonomy by separating itself from its 'parent'.  The leaders of this country and its citizens had a vision of a nation where every person would be free to find his/her own way, where every voice would be heard and counted, where every child could grow up to reach his/her full potential - becoming a business owner, artist, farmer, inventor, or President.  This new country was an experiment that has succeeded in wondrous ways.  But, this brave new world was not achieved without some missteps, some faltering, some backsliding.  The United States of America was not/is not perfect.  It's just the best ever.

What does this have to do with walking?  Well, 200+ years ago, our forefathers (and their womenfolk) started on a long journey, uncertain of what difficulties the path might hold and how much winding turns it might take.  There was no guarantee of success.  There was just the notion - the vision of a better way and the determination to try to get there.

So, you have an idea of who you want to be.  You want to be healthier, feel better, get in shape, lose weight, acquire a better lifestyle.  You might not know exactly how to attain your goal.  You might not be sure of the exact steps you must take to get there.  You DO KNOW that you want a change and are willing to start off on that path.  That day was your Independence Day - the day you decided to change your personal history.

If you have yet to start on that journey, stick around here, read some more of my articles, ask questions.  We have been on this journey for a while and we know how it starts and some of its turns and hazards.  Just move forward.  Take the first few steps each day and we'll help you continue.  Let us know how you are doing.  We just might learn something from a newbie too!

I am forever on my personal Step Zero - HOW.  Honest, Open, Willing.  I have a strong yearning to improve my well being.  That's why I write these articles.  They are for me.  But, I really hope they will inspire you too.

My personal Independence Day was October 2, 1997.  I've been improving since then.  Join me!



*************************** Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: