Monday, December 17, 2012

More From The Scientists

An article in the December 13, 2012 St. Louis Post-Dispatch reveals more evidence that you and I are on the right path - the walking path!

This article, "Six Simple Steps To Help You Age Healthfully" has a subtitle that makes me laugh:
Not everyone has good genes, so lifestyle choices, outside influences are important.

Really!?  My husband always says 'You have to pick your parents carefully.'  This article supports his humorous but accurate statement.  Not that we can really do the picking.

I come from a long line of long-lived women.  The men haven't faired as well.  I think maybe the women are just too stubborn to let a little thing like age hold us back!  My grandmother died three months after the birth of my third child 27 years ago.  My mother is still alive and healthy at age 90.  So is my mother in law.

This article reinforces the things we've all read before - adding some of the scientific support.  I'm not so much into the science of it.  As you know if you've read a few of my articles, I just want to feel good.  But, to recap this article, I'll simply list the key points of the article:

Bake Don't Broil - eat less fat
Skip A Meal - take in fewer calories (they don't really want us to skip meals)
Take 10 - exercise a moderate amount, even if it's only 10 minutes each day
Sleep Seven - good luck with that!
Stress Less - really good luck with that, especially this time of year.  Do you think this article was written by a mother??
Have A Lobby - that's what the article says - but it's a typo.  They urge the importance of having a HOBBY. 

About the Take 10 part.  The paragraph about that indicates that walking 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week leads to an increased life span of more than SEVEN years.  Need I say more?


*************************** Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: