Thursday, May 28, 2009

RAIN, RAIN GO AWAY

After the pleasant, but sometimes soggy Memorial Day weekend, I thought our St. Louis weather would become both dryer and hotter. Not so. Yesterday, I had the difficult task of driving through monsoon-like sheets of sideways rain, wind rocking my car to and fro on the highway! Not fun.

Fortunately, I had absconded from the office earlier in the day for a late 'lunch' (er, walk) with Kathy who kindly accommodates my meandering work schedule when she can. It's best for me to have someone to walk and talk with. We were fortunate to squeeze in a nice walk amidst the overcast and sometimes sunny early afternoon before the monsoon-like weather struck.

Otherwise, I've been walking in the malls when I must. At least it's a place to walk and chat with a friend. I'm not much of a shopper, so I only do a bit of window-browsing on my walks. I walk at three different malls, all about the same distance from my home. I'm lucky in that regard.

Did you know that the malls in the St. Louis area actually host walking clubs? Did you know that they actually open their doors early enough to accommodate seniors and others who wish to walk before work? This is a nice 'perk' of living in a major metropolitan area. If I didn't have walking buddies but wanted to make some, I'd definitely head for a mall to look for an organized (albeit usually casually) walking group.



***************************
Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude.

No comments: